🐸My Etsy Sh🌎p🐸

Friday, August 5, 2016

You can never have too many sprinkles

This morning found us making 48 cupcakes! Yesterday, we celebrated my birthday. Tomorrow, we will celebrate Greta's 6th birthday.

"You can never have too many sprinkles." declared Greta.

And when cooking with children, you can never have enough paper towels! Cooking and baking with kiddos have lessons built in with delicious results. Cooking and baking are sensory, science, AND language all in one.

Some people shy away from mess. Why? Kids love mess. It's okay to be messy and it can be fun to clean up, too. Key #1 just relax. That egg dropped on the floor will clean up. That batter that splattered on your backsplash, it will wipe up. And the kiddos can be washed, too!

I have cooked with one child. I have cooked with toddlers. I have cooked with a classroom of 24 kids at one time. You may call me brave (or crazy!), but the laughing and the binding and the taste testing...it doesn't get better than THAT!

Have a fun and playful day
Mel

No comments: