🐸My Etsy Sh🌎p🐸

Saturday, August 27, 2016

My imagination is a colorful place

 My imagination is a colorful place to visit. I am constantly think of what colors to paint my peg dolls or color combinations of felt.
 Kiddos are attracted to color - especially rainbows! I incorporate that thinking into all the pieces I create.
 As most of you may know, I taught preschool for 12 plus years. I have been working with children since I was 11. I began babysitting at 11. When no one would teach a Sunday school class of 4 year olds, I took it over - I was 12. My whole life has been in the early childhood field.
 Making handmade imaginative play items is both a creative outlet to me and way to share my crafting and love of early childhood education.
 Plus, I am obsessed with small toys! I mean obsessed. The tinier the better. My husband doesn't buy me flowers - because "flowers just die. It's a waste of money." Instead, he buys me toys.
 I am always planning, plotting, thinking of new things to create. If you could visit my imagination, it might be a jumble of colorful chaos. Colorful chaos with lots of little yellow sticky notes. I love little yellow sticky notes!
 I have a new version of a old play mat (that previously sold) to be photographed tomorrow morning. It reminds me of Cornwall in the UK - a place I desperately want to visit. I am saving to hopefully take my mother in law to Europe. There are so many places that I want to see.
For now, I want to see my pillow. It's late. Really late for me. 12:14 am I have been working on Etsy stuff since 8:30 am yesterday. Yikes!

Have a fun and playful day
Mel

No comments: