🐸My Etsy Sh🌎p🐸

Monday, August 29, 2016

I love Blue Hydrangeas

I love Blue Hydrangeas, because she loved Blue Hydrangeas.

Let me tell you a story. It was a Saturday just before Mother's Day and I was in my local Kroger. I saw the most beautiful blue flower. Blue Hydrangeas. I didn't care that they were $29. I just knew I had to get them for Grandma Helen.

I drove the hour trek to get to my hometown to surprise her by going to church with her and giving her the Blue Hydrangeas.

She said, "You find the best things in the city." oh Grandma, I don't really love in the city. But to her 35k people in my town compared to 100 in our hometown, I guess it did seem like the city.

She loved the flowers, told me again and and.

So that was our new tradition. I would buy her Blue Hydrangeas for Mother's Day e.very. year. I love them, because she loved them and because I loved her.

Inspiration comes from all around. When I saw these felt Blue Hydrangeas, I knew I needed to make a play mat with them. I sit now to write this, tears streaming down my face, because I miss her every day. Every. Single. Day.

So I am taking inspiration from many places and turning that into magical places that children's imaginations can flourish.

Have a fun and playful day
Mel

No comments: