🐸My Etsy Sh🌎p🐸

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Grandma in the Garden

There are days even two plus years after my grandparents' passing that I just cannot believe that they are gone. I have talked about their amazing love story here. Married 70 years, 8 children, 23 grandchildren, 46 great grand children, died 15 hours apart.

What I remember most about my Grandma is her being in the Garden, pullu,g those weeds, watering those flowers, snapping those peas, sometimes humming a hymn. Her garden was enormous. She always planted too much, but nothing ever went to waste. What they didn't use, she gave away in the truest Christian spirit. She knew that there were people in town that needed a little help. She gave away veggies and pies and flowers with a kind heart.

Grandma in the Garden. That's how I remember her. If there's a garden in Heaven, you can bet she has pulled ALL the weeds!

Photo found on Pinterest with the heading "Jardinage"

Have a fun and playful day
Mel

No comments: