🐸My Etsy Sh🌎p🐸

Monday, January 25, 2016

Tell me a story Monday

Have you ever collected a few random items and asked your child to tell you a story? It's a fun way to explore language, vocabulary, and imagination.

Once upon a time, there was a girl who lived on a farm at the edge of the kingdom. She raised chickens. They were not ordinary chickens. Oh no. They were colorful chickens. And they did not lay ordinary eggs. Oh no! They laid gems of every color - rubies, emeralds, sapphires, and diamonds.

One day, the King paid her a visit. "How do you get the chickens to lay gems?"

The girl did not have an answer. She did not know HOW she did it.

"What do you do with all the gems you get? For you could be richer than me." said the King.

"Oh," said the girl. "I only keep what I need to buy grain for my chickens, food for myself, and Wood for my fire to heat my home."

The king was surprised. "My dear girl, you are richer than me. You give away your wealth to those who need it most. We can all take a lesson from you."

And so, the girl and her colorful chickens lived happily ever after.

The end

What stories will you imagine?

Have a fun and playful day

Mel

No comments: