🐸My Etsy Sh🌎p🐸

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Passing your Childhood Memories on to your Children

When I was a kid, I had a small collection of unicorns. I had a very vivid imagination and thought that unicorns and Smurfs live in the woods behind my house. I would go exploring, hoping to catch a glimpse of these magical creatures.
Now, I have passed on my love of unicorns quite accidently to my nanny girls. I picked up several what I thought was random books. Each one had a unicorn in them! I totally didn't mean to. Honest.
Now, the girls play with small Safari Ltd or Schleich unicorns, draw pictures of unicorns, and make up stories about helping unicorns.
A dear friend of mine, Dani  is a young mother. She has passed on her love of Barbies to her daughter. I love that she posts pictures of the two of them playing with Barbies - some new Barbies right beside Dani's old ones from her childhood.
My daughter became obsessed with Smurfs after she found a box of my Smurfs in the basement of my parents' house. They were a little scuffed up, but she loved them. Then, she used her birthday money to buy new ones.
What toys from your Childhood did you introduce to your child?

Have a fun and playful day
Mel

No comments: