🐸My Etsy Sh🌎p🐸

Friday, June 12, 2015

New Project Part 1

I have felt...lead. Lead is the best word I can think of to describe it. I have felt lead for some time now to make some playscapes for our local children's hospital.

I Have been blessed to never have to have my children be a patient there, but I have a dear friend whose son has been in and out of the hospital since he was born - even received a new heart.

If you have read this blog much, you know that I am a nanny and was a preschool teacher before that. I have taught Sunday school and VBS since I was 12 years old. I am a mom to two now 17 and 20 year old beautiful, funny, kind daughters. And I am Auntie Mel to my 3 nephews and 3 nieces.

Children are a BIG part of my life.

My friend Brooke said, I think your playscapes would be perfect for children's hospital. If the child can't get out of bed, they can still play with the play mats on their table tray.

I am not sure if it is God leading me or something else. But I was recently in church and the preacher said, take care of the orphans and widows. And I thought, he is talking to ME.

So, I am starting my project. I am making playscape minis and mapping out how to get the most out of the fabric by strategically laying out patterns to maximize my value.

My vision is fun, whimsical, colorful Playscape minis with little animals - maybe 3 or 4 - for the kiddos to play and imagine. Recently, Joann had Safari Ltd toobs on clearance, so I scooped up a few. (and by a few, I mean a lot!) I will keep you posted.

Have a fun and playful day
Mel

No comments: