🐸My Etsy Sh🌎p🐸

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Back and Forth Journal Summer Writing Activity

My nephew and nieces live near Cleveland. I am always trying to find new ways to stay connected with them.

Two years ago, my nephew and I started the Back and Forth Journal. I took a picture of a scene like the one above and asked him to write me a story. Then, he would mail it back to me. I would add another photo to the folder and send it back to him.

Mail is fun for kids to receive. And my nephew was writing for fun! It wasn't like a chore or boring school assignment. Sometimes, the journal came back with a photo or drawing from him and I had to make up the story.

My sister asked me if I would start it up again this summer. Sure!  I already have ideas for photos. It's a great way to do something educational disguised as fun.

It is a great bonding project if you have kiddos that don't live close. Maybe for grandparents whose grandchildren live out of town or out of state. Of the kiddos are young, they could dictate their story to their parents who could write it down.

Have a fun and playful day
Mel

No comments: