🐸My Etsy Sh🌎p🐸

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Hamsters and Hedgehogs Play Mat

When I was a kid, I was obsessed with teeny tiny toys. I think most kids are. Lalaloopsy, My Little Pony, Schleich, Safari, Palo, Palace Pets, Calico Critters, etc. All teeny tiny.
I never really grew out of that obsession, and, now that I am a nanny, I get to keep playing. I loved imaginative play with my daughter's then later with my preschoolers.
When I am thinking about play, I take the theme or the child's interests in mind OR I surprise them with something totally new and not yet seen.
I set the scene for play - an invitation to play if you will. This scene says, "Come play with me. Make up a story. Include me. I want to play with you."
The scene should be uncluttered - only 3 to 5 Toys. (too many can be overwhelming to the child) The golden rule of thumb is the simpler the better. Simpler allows the imagination to take over, expand, and fill in the story.

Play mats can be created in your own or I sell them in my etsy store. See more at www.mybigworld2015.etsy.com

Have a fun and playful day
Mel

No comments: