🐸My Etsy Sh🌎p🐸

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Safari Ltd Incredible Creatures Eagle - A Review

When Safari Ltd contacted me and asked if I would review something for them, I first squealed and did a little happy dance.  I, of course, said yes.  I love the mission of the company, the quality and selection of their toys, and the toys themselves.
Since, 1982, Safari Ltd. has been a leader in making "Toys that Teach".  Their mission is to teach children the importance of nature and conservation through the joy of imaginative play.  As an early childhood educator of 20+ years, their mission means a lot to me.  Children do learn through play (I say it all the time on this blog), and when they have realistic, detailed toys like Safari Ltd. toys, the learning is endless.
One toy that Safari Ltd, sent to me to review is the Bald Eagle from their Incredible Creatures line. This eagle is sculpted so well with tiny details like hundreds of feathers or the wrinkles on his feet.  The paint job is superb.  He stands about 6 inches tall and has some weight to him.  Here's what G, age 4 had to say about this Eagle. "He has tons of feathers.  He looks a little mean, but maybe he's just hungry.  He's America's bird, you know?  I like him.  I like that he looks like a real bird."  :)
G immediately put Eagle (along with Owl and Penguin) in a "cage" to sell in her pretend pet shop.  "He's a good bird, strong and a good flyer."

As a preschool teacher, I used Safari Ltd. toys for years in my classroom.  In the science area, I used them for animal and habitat studies, learning about nature, or in terrariums.  In the block area, children created elaborate zoos and forests for the animals to live in.  What stuck my most about Safari Ltd. toys then,  and still is true today, 1) the amount of detail in each animal and 2) how well they hold up after being played with (sometimes not gently - we all know how 3 & 4 year olds can be!).

I am a fan of Safari Ltd.  I make no bones about that.  I do not endorse a lot of products on this blog.  But, when I find high quality, detailed toys at exceptional value, then I will share.  That's why I like Safari Ltd. so much.

I will be posting reviews on the Incredible Creatures Penguin and chick and 3 Toobs, as well as a list of how you can use and play with Safari Ltd toys.

Have a fun and playful day!
Mel

No comments: