🐸My Etsy Sh🌎p🐸

Monday, February 16, 2015

Math Games Monday - Penguin Grid Game

It's February and cold here in Ohio.  As we are stuck inside, I am inventing new things are us to do to keep the boredom at bay and the cabin fever away.
 Today, I made a Penguin Grid Game.  I used two pieces of scrapbook paper (JoAnn), glue stick, one die, and a penguin paper punch from EK Success brand.  Kids can help punch out the many min penguins then glue them on in a grid.
 Roll the die then cover that number of penguins with your acrylic hearts that can be found at the Dollar Tree.  OR you can use pennies or M&Ms or anything really.
 Continue you on...
 until you've covered up the whole board.
 My grid has 88 penguins on it - which would be good for a 4-5 year old.  If you are making with a younger child, make your game board with less (maybe 24 or so).  Younger children have a shorter attention span and may lose interest.
I can't wait until Spring, but until then...

Have a Fun & Playful Day!
Mel

No comments: