🐸My Etsy Sh🌎p🐸

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Love Notes for Kids

I am not a perfect mom.

I'm not.  By no stretch of the imagination will I win a Mother of the Year contest.  Being a mom is hard.  Being a mom of two teenage girls - it's hard.  Being a mom of a child any age, at any stage - it's hard. But being a mom also makes me happy, so unbelievably so. 

One thing that I know that I am good at when being a mom is encouraging,  My Grandma Helen always wrote cards for EVERY occasion - birthday, Christmas, if you had a car accident (not kidding. She sent me a card after I wrecked my first car).  She was a woman of Faith, a true Christian, an encourager through and through.  I think that's where I get it.


I leave notes for everybody - my high schooler, my college kid, my husband, nieces and nephews, friends, and family.  That's what I do.  It's my thing.  I am sure that it'll be on my gravestone - Mel sent a ton of cards.

This week is Valentine's Week.  Give a card on Valentine's Day, but do it on a Tuesday or a Friday - any day!

 Say "Thanks for being a great kid" or...
Today's a great day to have a great day - one of my favorite sayings from Joanna Gaines of HGTV's Fixer Upper.

Any day's a great day to encourage your little ones (or even your grown up ones!) What a great way to build self confidence and give them that little boost to get through the day.

Have a Fun & Playful day
Mel

No comments: