🐸My Etsy Sh🌎p🐸

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Craft Day Tuesday - Felt Food


I went to Joann today to pick up some felt for Craft Day Tuesday and found a whole rainbow of happiness! So, of course, I picked up one of each color :)
 I have happy plans for this rainbow of felt, but I will save that for a later date.  Mean, right?  I promise that it will be worth the wait.
 For today, we are making felt food.  Cinnamon rolls to be exact.  Yum.  (Now I am craving cinnamon rolls.)  No sewing needed.  Easy peasy.  The kids can help with this one.  You need two shades of brown felt, ribbon, scissors (I use pinking sheers and regular scissors, and white puffy fabric paint.
 Cut the felt into strips. Mine are about 1.5 inches.  You can cut however wide you would like.  This will be the height of your cinnamon roll. The bottom is straight cut.  The top is cut with pinking sheers for a jagged effect.  You don't have to do this.
 Layer the two brown shades of felt and roll.
 I tie mine with a pretty ribbon - that way you don't have to sew it - but you could glue it and get the same look.
 Now drizzle on the icing...I mean, the puffy paint.  Sure does look like icing, doesn't it?
 Seriously, I want cinnamon rolls right now.  It looks good enough to eat.  Now, make a dozen or so and your little ones will be sooo excited to be little bakers for the take.  May I take your order please? Oh, yes.  I would like two cinnamon rolls with icing on top.
So sweet!

Have a Fun & Playful day!
Mel

No comments: